Missions & Mobilization Assistant
The Missions & Mobilization Assistant plays an integral part to the ministerial efforts of Missions & Mobilization at Northway Church by helping organize and execute short-term trips and fulfill other crucial administrative responsibilities. The Missions & Mobilization Assistant reports to the Lead Minister of Missions & Mobilization. This is a part-time position. If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete this online application.
- Understand and communicate the mission, vision and values of the Northway Church and the Northway Church Missions and Mobilization Department
- Plan, Organize & Maintain Northway’s short and longer-term Go Trips alongside the Lead Minister.
- Collect, organize and store travel documents for Go Trips
- Set up new Go Trips in our internal software and oversee the administration of each trip
- Book all travel for participants including airfare, lodging, rental vehicles, etc
- Work closely with the Finance Department to collect and properly code funding for each trip
- Research prospective countries to collect information on what documents we will need to collect, what insurance will be needed, what special laws or policies we should be aware of, etc.
- Communicate important trip details, meeting invitations, status updates and more to trip participants and Missions and Mobilization Team
- Assist with the development of necessary Mission Trip Policies for Northway Church
- Develop and track budgets for each Go Trip
- Attend team meetings and help with the execution of team goals
- Organize and communicate pertinent updates to the church body
- Learn and participate in staff meetings, development, and training
- Develop and maintain administrative systems and processes for the Missions & Mobilization Department
- Assist the Lead Minister, Missions & Mobilization, with various administrative tasks
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with Northway Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience using Managed Missions software preferred
- Experience planning and executing trips preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Heart for God’s work among all peoples
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, work ethic, and dependability
- Ability to adapt to a continually evolving environment
- Proactive attitude and willing to take on new projects as they arise
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: 28 per week