The Student Ministry Intern assists in the areas of teaching, discipleship, administration, volunteer care, and special projects while learning how to effectively oversee ministry to middle schoolers, high schoolers, their parents, and volunteers.
- Teach gospel-centered curriculum to students 6th-12th grade.
- Assist in the recruiting and onboarding of new Student volunteers.
- Create healthy relational connections with the students, parents, and leaders.
- Assist in running Sunday and Wednesday programming and events.
- Collaborate on the development of curriculum for students.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Participate in the Northway Intern Development Program as able.
- Attend and participate in weekly all-staff and 1:1 meetings.
- Attend classes and volunteer at Northway Training.
- Other tasks and projects as determined by the Student Minister.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A personal belief in and relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- In agreement with Northway’s Statement of Faith and exhibiting a consistent lifestyle.
- Willing to become a member at Northway.
- High School Diploma required. College/seminary degree valued.
- Proficient verbal and written communicator.
- Proficient with Google Workspace.
- Desire to shepherd God’s people.
- Desire to minister to students.
- Previous experience working with students.
Job Type: Part-Time
Hours per week: 25
Duration: August 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024