A Word from Shea
In person Sunday Gatherings are suspended until further notice. Given the direction of the CDC, we do not anticipate gathering as a congregation again until at least Sunday, May 17. Beginning this Sunday, we will gather online as Northway Church. Services will be pre-recorded and made available to you Sunday mornings at 9 a.m. on our website.
- Special Events: All large group gatherings outside Sunday gatherings will be suspended until further notice. This includes events like monthly Worship and Prayer, as well as Night of Worship, which was scheduled for March 27.
- Northway Training: Northway Training, including Men’s and Women’s Bible Studies, Steps, and A City Not Forsaken, will finish the spring semester online. Be on the lookout for additional information from your course leaders.
- Wednesday Night NXGN Programs: Compass Kids and Rally will be cancelled. Staff is working through making online content and curriculum available for families.
- Gospel Communities and Other Gatherings: In accordance with current CDC guidelines and White House recommendations, we strongly recommend that groups of more than 10 do not meet together. If you choose to meet in a group smaller than 10 people, please strictly adhere to guidelines on how to protect yourself and others. GC's will hear from leadership about content ideas and best practices in the days ahead.
COVID-19 Specific Needs
We want to serve those in our community experiencing spiritual and material challenges related to COVID-19. To make service opportunities known, email email@example.com or use the Northway Facebook page
. In addition, discuss with your community about ways to meet needs as they arise. If you would like to serve on the COVID-19 response team, please email Damaris Castillo firstname.lastname@example.org.
To share ongoing prayer needs, please email email@example.com. If you would like to serve our community through prayer, email Stefanie Fish firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continue to contact your ministry leaders for pastoral care needs. Your pastoral staff is eager to serve you, and we are available for phone and video meetings. If you are experiencing loneliness or have or know of a pastoral care need and are unsure who to contact, email email@example.com.
We desire to continue to be a church not just for ourselves. We know many in our church are becoming aware and meeting needs through their gospel communities or simply through interactions with neighbors and loved ones. We hope you will continue to do that, but wanted to share some other opportunities to love and serve our official partner ministries, and friends doing ministry in Dallas. These needs are changing quickly with the situation, and we will continue to update this page with how you can help.
- Buckner International: You can donate directly to Buckner as they attempt to help meet financial needs within the community. For your gift to go directly to COVID-19 relief when given the option to “Direct My Gift To” select “other” and in the box type in “CO-VID 19 Relief.”
- Involved For Life: As one of few pregnancy centers still open in the area there is a need for sanitation and medical supplies for daily operations as well as diapers, wipes and other essential baby items for the moms involved in their ministry. You can send amazon cards to The Source for Women (a.k.a. Downtown Pregnancy Center) @ 525 N Ervay St, Dallas, TX 75201.
- Our Calling: Our Calling's food donations have dropped by over 80% the last two weeks. Donate a meal a day for 14 days for $17.50. This will allow us to shop for the food we would typically be getting for free. Also, donors who have come together to provide a matching gift for the first $75,000 worth of donations. If families across DFW come together and meet that match, we will be able to provide 120,000 meals during COVID-19. Making a huge impact on the lives of our most vulnerable neighbors. Donate Here.
Resources on COVID-19
While communicating logistics and practical next steps are crucial in a time of crisis, we also believe there is a need for heart level encouragement. We have compiled and will update this list with resources on a believers response to COVID-19.