Care and Counseling Internship Opportunity
The Care and Counseling Intern will gain experience in biblical care and counseling ministry in a local church context. They will assist in administration, training, and care for members and guests at Northway Church.
- Assist in receiving and responding to biblical counseling requests from Northway Church members and members of the community
- Provide teaching, training, and administrative support for Care volunteers at Northway Church
- Participate in Biblical Counseling through Northway Training's one year Biblical Counseling course
- Mentor members one-on-one in a pastoral care and discipleship setting
- Have the opportunity to satisfy many of the reading, class instruction, and observation requirements for certification with ACBC (the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors).
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with Northway Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Comprehensive understanding of the gospel
- High school diploma required
- Proficient in Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Docs, and Calendar)
- Strong passion for biblical counseling and discipleship in the church
- Seminary or higher education student pursuing biblical counseling preferred
- Interest in pursuing ACBC certification preferred